RFP for the National Association of Women Business Owners – Buffalo Niagara (NAWBO)
Website Maintenance, Updating, Graphics
September 1, 2017 to September 1, 2018
NAWBO Buffalo-Niagara, one of the fastest growing chapters out of the 58 chapters nationwide, is a servant leadership organization which propels women entrepreneurs into economic, social and political spheres of power worldwide by strengthening the wealth-creating capacity of its members and promoting economic development within the entrepreneurial community; creating innovative and effective change in the business culture; building strategic alliances, coalitions, and affiliations; and transforming public policy and influencing opinion makers.
NAWBO Buffalo Niagara is requesting a company to maintain the NAWBO website.
All questions must be submitted by 5:00 EST August 7, 2017 and will be posted on website
Proposals must be submitted by 5:00 EST August 15, 2017
If possible, please include an option to offer discounted pricing for work in return for recognition and listing as the website designer.
The winner will be notified on or before August 25, 2017
RFP Type: Website maintenance/updating/graphics
Request for proposal from vendors to provide website maintenance/updating/graphic services for its local chapter website to ensure easy communication and collaboration with various NAWBO committee needs.
The purpose for seeking these services is to improve members services, to provide increased web presence, improve member communications, and assist the members in registration for events.
The selected vendor will be offered a two‐year contract.
This solicitation does not commit NAWBO to award a contract, to pay any costs incurred in preparation of a proposal, nor to procure any services that may be offered.
Skills required of vendor:
- Have a working knowledge of WordPress – version updates, editing content, setting general styles, uploading and integrating media (image, PDF and video)
Design and layout skills
- Strong layout skills to ensure a cohesive look across all pages that reflect the NAWBO brand and
- Ability to create compelling slider graphics
- Ability to integrate images and graphics that enhance the site
- Ability to create graphics in PhotoShop, export for web usage
Vendor will work solely with the Communications committee to achieve consistent graphic look between website and current chapter materials.
Tasks required of vendor:
- Update homepage with text/photos/video
- Update calendar of events
- Add link to monthly electronic newsletter
- Listing of Board of Directors, Executive Board and Committee Chairs
- Update partner logos
- Update NAWBO and Community events
- Update slider images, create slider graphics
- Update press releases
Requirements for All Bidders
- Bidders must list at least two (2) projects that are substantially similar to this project as part of their response, including references for each.
- Proposals must be signed by a representative who is authorized to commit bidder’s company.
- If you have a standard set of terms and conditions, please submit them with your proposal. All terms and conditions will be subject to negotiation.
- NAWBO Buffalo Niagara will rate proposals based on the following factors, with cost being the most important factor:
- Responsiveness to the requirements set forth in this Request for Proposal
- Relevant past performance/experience
- Technical expertise/experience of bidder and bidder’s staff
Winner is selected by board vote which shall be final and conclusive. Preferences go to NAWBO Premier Members in good standing, followed by NAWBO Introductory Members in good standing.
Submissions Must Be Provided by the Deadline As Follows:
Electronically, in PDF format only, to:
Q. Can this project be done remotely with virtual weekly meetings for companies that are located out of the Western New York region?
A. Yes, it can be done remotely. However, we will look within our membership first for proposals and then consider outside vendors.