Applications Due January 31, 2020
NAWBO works collaboratively with its members as well as non-members in fundraising each year to support an annual scholarship. It is only through the dedication of these individuals that a scholarship is available. We thank everyone who attends our fundraising event and contributes to the scholarship fund!
The criteria for an award of a scholarship are:
- the course furthers the member’s business (enrolled in, attended, and have paid for the subject business course, class, or initiative in prior calendar year);
- the member has been an active, dues-paying NAWBO member for at least two (2) years at the time of her application;
- the member has actively and consistently participated on a NAWBO committee or other NAWBO initiative for at least two (2) years at the time of her scholarship award;
- the member has attended at least 50% of the NAWBO events in the year preceding her application;
- the member has been an active participant in NAWBO’s fundraising which efforts provide the needed funds for the scholarship; and
- the member remains a dues-paying NAWBO member for at least two (2) years after receiving the scholarship.
The criteria is reflected in the scholarship application which can be downloaded here, and applicants will be expected to acknowledge and agree to their obligations as set forth in this criteria. To be clear, a NAWBO scholarship is conditioned on the recipient’s adhering to and complying with the conditions set forth above.
For professional development activities that took place the 2019 calendar year, the scholarship deadline is January 31, 2020.
Please forward your scholarship application to NAWBO Buffalo Niagara, P.O. Box 1165, Orchard Park, NY 14127 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications initially will be reviewed and analyzed by NAWBO Buffalo Niagara’s Scholarship Chair and Committee, both of whom have been delegated this important responsibility by the Board of Directors. The Scholarship Chair and her Committee will recommend to the Board the applicant(s) whom they believe are most deserving of the scholarship. The Board will then vote, and the determination of the Board is final.
In general, the review and analysis of scholarship applications will be conducted during the months of February-April, 2020, although this timeframe may vary, depending on circumstances. The award made to the recipient(s) no later than June 30, 2020.
The number, amount, and distribution of any scholarship monies are fully dependent on the success of NAWBO Buffalo Niagara’s fundraising efforts during the year in question. Therefore, it is cannot be emphasized enough that all scholarship applicants are well-advised to participate in fundraising efforts and support the fundraising initiatives. Perhaps the single most important criteria for the scholarship award is continued, active support of NAWBO, its initiatives, and its mission.
Please understand that in order to qualify for a scholarship, the member must be enrolled in, attended, and have paid for the subject business course, class, or initiative. The NAWBO scholarship is meant to be a reimbursement scholarship.